Revive & Restore (a project of The Long Now Foundation) is seeking an entrepreneurial Project Coordinator to help us expand this bold initiative—to bring back extinct species and to apply genomic solutions to species on the brink of extinction.
The ideal candidate will be interested in an innovative approach to conservation working with cutting edge scientists. We are looking for someone with a wide range of project coordination skills and the ability to learn and grow with the job.
This is an on-site (located at Fort Mason in San Francisco), part-time position, starting at 20 hours per week, with opportunity to quickly grow into full-time.
Event Planning & Execution:
- Organizing special events (from science meetings with a dozen participants to larger public events and private fundraisers)
- Oversight of all logistics (budgeting, catering, meeting materials)
- Coordinating participant/ speaker travel arrangements (domestic and international)
Communications, Media Relations:
- Responding to media inquiries and coordinating interviews
- Managing social media and posting updates
- Media tracking
Fundraising and Development:
- Managing donor database
- Tracking donations and writing acknowledgement emails
- Researching foundation funding opportunities
- Assistance in developing and writing proposals
- Updating website using Word Press
- Coordinating with graphic designer as needed
- Writing, content development
- Reconciling expenses and credit card charges, entering payables, etc.
Other office responsibilities include:
- Managing general contact database and listservs
- Online research for special projects
- Responding to and re-directing email correspondence as appropriate
- Maintaining and organizing files (physical and digital archiving)
- 3+ years of experience in a position requiring project coordination
- Ability to triage priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Web-savvy with excellent research skills
- Mac proficiency
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- A proactive approach and a can-do attitude
- Relevant experience in life sciences
- Interest in conservation, biology and biotech
- Experience using scheduling and project management tools
- Event planning experience
- Web and content development expertise
- Experience using social media professionally (Google+, Facebook, Twitter, other)
- Excel and collaborative tools like Google Docs
- Presentation tools – PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi
- Quickbooks online
- Salesforce, other databases
- Google Analytics
Commensurate with experience.
Send your cover letter with RESUME ATTACHED to: [email protected]
In your cover letter, please verify that you meet all the required qualifications, and clearly indicate which of the preferred qualifications you would bring to this position.