Revive & Restore is recruiting a new team member to work closely with the Executive Director for development and fundraising efforts to support the nonprofit organization. This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to play an impactful role in addressing the biodiversity crisis through innovative technologies and partnerships. If you are looking to apply your development or fundraising experience to an essential mission, this opportunity may be for you!
Who we are:
At Revive & Restore we are building the Genetic Rescue Toolkit, a suite of biotechnologies that we hope will solve some of the toughest biodiversity challenges. Our funded programs support novel research efforts at partner institutions around the world, including top-tiered universities, conservation organizations, and commercial research organizations.
The projects we fund are often the first to demonstrate the measurable impact biotechnology can have on wildlife conservation by enhancing genetic diversity, helping to build disease resistance, developing synthetic alternatives to wild harvest, and facilitating adaptation to a changing climate. Our research budget is currently $14M, supporting 48 individual projects, and is growing quickly year to year.
Who you are:
You are smart, savvy, self-motivated, and a junior or mid-level development professional who has a natural knack for networking or connecting people. You will report directly to the Executive Director (ED) to achieve effective donor stewardship and solicitation. The Development Administrator/Executive Assistant will work to maintain and grow existing donor engagement and expand Revive & Restore’s donor base, with a focus on high-net-worth donors and family foundations. There is potential for this role to grow along with the organization. This position can be done remotely but a Bay Area location is preferred.
Maintain and expand current donor engagement and giving
- Research all current and previous donors to identify potential ways to increase or renew their giving (identify other organizations they fund, etc.)
- Manage robust donor profiles and donor giving history in Salesforce database and maximize its fundraising capabilities and tracking of donations and pledges
- Draft and submit required reports to current funders
- Draft and submit renewal and/or increased funding requests/proposals (see grant writing below)
Identify Potential Funders
- Research potential individual and private foundation funders
- Identify appropriate donor profiles to match our program priorities
- Draft letters of inquiry and proposals for potential funders
- Enter information on interactions into Salesforce and follow-up accordingly
Grant writing and submittal to existing and potential funders
- Work with ED and Program Managers to create proposals for individual, private foundations, and federal grant opportunities
- Secure necessary information from staff in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate internal review and submission by deadlines
- Prepare ED for meetings with funders, including solicitations, with appropriate background research and strategy suggestions
- Arrange meetings with ED and Program Managers with existing and potential funders
- Draft appropriate follow up from funder meetings
- Calendar reminders and draft communication for next steps with existing and potential funders
Qualifications (partial list):
- 3-5 years of development-related experience in a non-profit organization or family foundation (Prefer experience working in a science-related organization)
- 3-5 years experience with individual and private foundation donor relation management
- Significant experience researching prospects
- Successful grant proposal writing experience (samples and history of grants submitted and granted will be requested if available)
- Knowledge of Bay Area donor community highly desirable
- Alignment with the mission of Revive & Restore
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional verbal and written communication skills with various audiences (ie, executive leadership, high net worth individuals, board members, and colleagues)
- Ability to manage expectations and timelines to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Maintain standards and sensitivity with confidential information
- Cloud-based technology using Google Suite, Salesforce, Dropbox, MS applications, Asana, and Mailchimp (Apple computer environment)
- Ability to pitch in when needed as part of a small, dynamic team
- Interest in conservation or biotechnology is a plus
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include premium medical coverage with HMO or PPO options, 401k, and paid time off.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and applicable writing materials/samples to: Marmee Manack, Director of Operations at [email protected]. Revive & Restore is an equal opportunity employer; and candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States.