Position: Executive Administrative Assistant
Organization: Revive & Restore
Location: On-site at Sausalito (CA) office
Revive & Restore is a nonprofit organization with a mission to enhance biodiversity through new techniques of genetic rescue for endangered and extinct species. We work with some of the leading genomic scientists and conservation organizations in the world to develop pioneering applications of genomics, synthetic biology, and other biotechnologies in pursuit of a new toolkit for 21st-century conservation. Our ongoing projects include the genetic rescue of the black-footed ferret (the most endangered mammal in the United States), ending the harvest of horseshoe crabs for biomedical testing, a Catalyst Science Fund, and developing the necessary reproductive technologies to enable avian genetic rescue and ultimately the de-extinction of avian species like the Passenger Pigeon and Heath Hen.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will support Revive & Restore’s dynamic executive director and other staff members and take a proactive approach in coordinating a wide range of financial, editorial, and administrative functions.
An important component of this position is managing office and project organization, with a focus on scheduling, filing (digital and physical), accounting, donation management, external and internal communications, and content production for website and annual reports. This role necessitates the ability to manage multiple projects and duties at once, learn on the job, and interact with partners, scientists, funders, board members, and the press with confidence, professionalism, and grace.
The specific responsibilities are outlined below:
Daily Administrative Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to staff members, includes planning travel and maintaining the team calendar (scheduling calls and meetings, both internal and external)
- Develop calendars, timelines, and to-do lists to track the progress of a variety of projects
- Respond to email inquiries from the public and redirect email correspondence as appropriate.
- Draft correspondence for Executive Director
- Conduct research for specific projects
- Prepare materials for conferences, meetings, and events, and take notes as needed
- Compose and/or edit content for website, reports, grants, and press releases
- Perform a variety of clerical activities, including maintaining office inventory, finding vendors as needed, filing, and answering and redirecting all phone calls to appropriate staff.
Web Development (WordPress)
- Update website, including developing new pages, updating homepage, blog, and project pages, and adding new functionalities.
- Coordinate with web designer as needed for more complicated task
Communications / Media Relations
- Respond to media inquiries and coordinate interviews for staff
- Manage social media
- Create and distribute support updates and end-of-year report, using MailChimp or similar service.
- Manage several listservs using Google Groups
- Reconcile debit and credit card charges; code monthly expenses
- Track payables to award grantees and pay other recurring bills
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation for travel and events
Event Planning and Execution
- Periodically organize special events, including science meetings with a dozen participants, larger public events, and private fundraisers
- Oversee all logistics (budgeting, catering, and meeting materials)
- Coordinate participant and speaker travel